The beginning of the year allows everyone to start fresh and begin to work at any goal they’ve wanted to accomplish. For many, these goals are usually health related, and often the desired result is to lose weight. Although that is a great goal to strive for, one thing to take into consideration is doing it the healthy way. Evaluate how you want to accomplish your goals and think about how you can aid to losing those extra couple of pounds, while also boosting your health! Changing your lifestyle to that of an organic one is definitely a great and easy goal to achieve! Here are some tips to help you start!
• Save money on organic food by looking for coupons, or signing up for mailing lists from your local market.
• Start off by trying different organic products as you transition into buying mostly organic, but make sure to know which items are imperative to buy organic (see my previous blogs)
• Know how to read and understand organic labels- organic food labels must have a certified United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Organic seal.
• Start your own organic vegetable garden! You will have no doubt in your mind that you are getting the most nutrition over anything you can buy in the store.
• Use natural cleaning products- inhaling the harsh chemicals and fumes many of the conventional brands have is very unhealthy for you.
The benefits of living an organic lifestyle are worth every penny, and all the time it takes to get used to it. Your body will thank you!
I want to wish everyone a Happy and Organic New Year!!