- Drink plenty of water! Drink two glasses before each meal and you will notice significant results in your weight!
- Order Al La Carte! Resist the temptation to have sides…
- Pick whole grains over processed white-flour based items
- Eat spicy food! It speeds up your metabolism and promotes weight loss
- Try to get at least 6 to 8 hours of sleep
- Manage your stress, go for a jog or just take a deep breath!
- Take the stairs, let that elevator take someone else
- Take time when eating, chew completely, try not to scarf down your meal!
- Go for a walk after dinner
- At work, keep healthy snacks on hand
- Don’t take life so seriously, laugh at jokes and smile
- Eat protein, it will keep you fuller
- Avoid distractions during dinner, and pay attention to what your eating
- Eat dinner early, before 7PM
- Weigh yourself everyday
- Start eating the same food on a regular basis, begin a routine!
- Reward yourself every once and a while
- Read about health, diet and exercise to get your mind thinking
- Always, always, always eat breakfast!
- Take time to snack through out the day
Posts Tagged ‘snacks’
Try these out next time your in the mood for some tasty avocados…
- Avocado Boats- Just as you’d imagined! Slice an avocado in half, remove the pit and you have the perfect place to stuff fresh tomatoes with a little hot sauce!
- Avocado & Corn Mini Tostadas- Smash some avocado, lime juice, sour cream & cilantro into a smooth cream. Mix beans, corn, salsa and hot sauce and place onto a single round chip, top with avocado cream! Poof! Perfect mini tostada
- Smoothie- You would have never thought to add this into a smoothie I bet! It actually makes it much creamier and smoother! Try it!
- Stuffed Potato Skins- Make some avocado cream, cut some potatoes in half, top it with cheese, broccoli and bacon and roast in the oven. When finished add the avocado cream and you have yourself a delicious snack!
- Mayo Replacement- Try to replace avocado in recipes that call for mayo. I tend to make tuna salad with avocado instead of mayo to cut out the calories and unnecessary fats. Its delicious!
Share the ways you like to eat avocado by tweeting with the hashtag #iorganic
The world is such a busy place, and often times we find ourselves caught right in the middle of it! It’s important to make sure through out your busy day you are giving your body the nutrients it needs. Check out these organic snack ideas for you to try when you find yourself crunching for time!
1. Fruit & Nuts- Spread organic peanut butter on organic celery sticks and sliced apples, top with organic sunflower seeds.
2. Soybeans- Enjoy ½ cup of these delicious beans, you can heat them up or eat them cold, your preference!
3. Pita & Hummus- Take organic wheat pita bread and dip it into your favorite organic hummus.
Even when you are busy, your body will thank you for making healthy choices.
Share your organic snack recipes by tweeting the hashtag #iorganic