We’ve all heard the saying “ you are what you eat.” Despite the major cliché in conveying that statement, it really is true. Not only internally but externally as well. The biggest organ in our body is our skin, and it is just as important as all the others! I was actually surprised to hear the certain foods that improve the health of your skin, read on to find out!
• Tomatoes- Famous for their powerful ingredient known as lycopene. Studies suggest lycopene can protect your skin from sun damage. The best way to take advantage of its full nutritional value is eating it cooked or mixed with other fat-soluble ingredients like avocado, eggs and olive oil.
• Red Meat- This is one that truly surprised me! Red meat is often seen as fatty and high in cholesterol. However, it has been discovered eating the protein and amino acids in meat has helped in treating acne!
• Green Tea- Among many of the benefits this tea can bring to you, it also an protect your skin against sun burns and UV-associated skin cancers.
• Green Beans- These healthy low calorie vegetables can help you grow thicker hair and healthy nails. They are very rich in silicon, which is a strong strengthener for growing that luscious mane!
• Walnuts- Being incredibly high in omega-3s, this wonder nut can help lock moisture into your skin and protect it from free radicals. You can even increase this by combining them with almonds, flaxseed and olive oil!
• Yogurt- With its natural probiotic abilities, yogurt is a lifesaver when it comes to breakouts, eczema and even dandruff! As long as you buy organic low in sugar kinds, you will see the abilities this delicious snack can have!
Are you as surprised as I was to hear these interesting facts? The food we eat has great powers to help our body thrive. Make sure you eat all the proper vitamins and nutrition your body needs to live a happy and healthy long life!
Share your skin remedies by tweeting with the hashtag #iorganic