Exercising with the same routine during every workout can get boring and repetitive. While maintaining an ongoing workout schedule is important, it’s just as important to keep up your enthusiasm about exercising! Try a few of these creative and interesting ways of getting in your exercise for those days you just don’t feel like going to the gym!
- Challenge yourself with flexing! Pick an activity, like walking through a door, every time you do, flex your stomach! Or perhaps your sitting at your desk, flex your butt each time the phone rings, or if you get an email!
- Make use of the two minutes you spend brushing your teeth by doing squats!
- Next time you find yourself at the sink washing the dishes, do some calf-raises!
- Take the stairs, not the elevator. If you have stairs at home, go up & down one extra time. Why not spend the extra minute to get your heart pumping?
- A fun way of not only getting exercise, but also starting your day off in a bright mood is dancing! Dance while picking out your outfit and while you get ready for the day.Set the timer for 5 minutes and clean as much as possible in your house! Its great exercise as you will be trying to challenge yourself to get as much cleaning done as possible, plus you get to have a clean house!
- Next time you’re on the phone, do some stretches, lunges, squats or wall-sits. Literally anything you can think of doing without the person on the other end realizing your exercising!
These are just a few ideas to spark that creativity inside you! There are many ways you can exercise without being repetitive, without going to gym and also while accomplishing many other daily activities!
Share your favorite fun workout by tweeting with the hashtag #iorganic