2012 is among us, and although it is sometimes hard to get back into the swing of things after the holidays, it is important to remember your health! Most of us have plans getting back into shape in the New Year and these energy boosting tips can most certainly help in decreasing those pesky calories!
1. Try to eat smaller meals on a more frequent basis- by doing this you will speed up your metabolism, feel more energized, prevent fat storage and burn more calories.
2. Fit in the time to exercise- try to spend a total of 1 hour a day doing some sort of exercise YOU enjoy, be it jogging, walking, biking, dancing or what have you. Even little things such as taking the stairs, parking farther away from your destination, or walking around the office can help.
3. Increase your muscle mass with resistance training- by doing these weight lifting sessions 2-3 times a week it will transform your body into a better calorie burner. Remember- the more muscle you have the more calories you burn!
4. Drink green tea and eat thermogenic foods daily- this will help increase your metabolism and curb your cravings. Thermogenic foods include spices, coconut oil and protein.
5. Drink water throughout your day- The goal is to drink 8-10 cups of water per day, this can increase your metabolic rate by 30%!
These tips are simple, easy and efficient in keeping those calories away! Keep that energy up and start your 2012 the healthy way!